Translate

Friday, June 12, 2009

Battery powered lawn mower

I did this for a neighbor a few years ago but I can't find the pictures. He had an electric like this, 8 amp, 120 volts.
I added a piece of plywood to the base of the handle and placed a small 12 volt battery and a 800 watt inverter. I charged it with a small solar panel in the shed. The inverter was cheap, but it had a "soft start" feature. The lawnmower also worked as a small portable power station. I used it for cutting the grass, then I would plug the weed eater into it and then the hedge trimmer. Worked great.

Richard

7 comments:

  1. I have also a battery powered lawn mower and its greenworks brand.I am really happy with this electric lawn mower and you also can try this for this year.thanks to read me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inverter was cheap, but it had a "soft start" feature. The lawnmower also worked as a small portable power station. I used it for cutting the grass, then I would plug the weed eater into it and then the hedge trimmer. honda self propelled electric lawn mower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Electric lawn mowers are the good choice nowadays. It is friendly with environment. If you have a small or medium garden, you can go to this site to get the best electric lawn mower. There are some useful tips for you in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On petrol machines the engine drives every the cylinder and the rear roller. http://www.howdoesyourgardenmow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.

    best cheap trail cameras

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! Please visit things to do

    ReplyDelete